Vertigo, There is nothing rational when you want to speak facts...

1. 289 Posts.
    Vertigo,
    There is nothing rational when you want to speak facts to a fundamentalist. They will deny extremism exists and try do what ever it takes to turn the subject/topic of a thread to their own perverted values or beliefs.

This thread is about a plea to "Help me free my husband" - Raif Badawi who was punished with 10 years in jail and 1,000 lashes for voicing his opinion on a blog. in Saudi Arabia. That is the reality of Sharia Law, ordained in the Qu ran and Islam followers as mandatory.
    I urge all Australians to visit this link and assist in what way you can ; https://secure.avaaz.org/en/free_raif_badawi_loc/

As for the insensitive and callous Poster who hijacked this subject as the very first responder and straight away launched into his hatred of Jews and trying to justify the rationale of punishment in Saudi Arabi by comparing current day Sharia to a democrat society through religion.

I read that the State of Israel only uses the death penalty for extraordinary crimes, and only two people have ever been executed in Israel's history. The only civil execution ever to take place in Israel was of convicted Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann in 1962. The other execution was of Meir Tobianski, an army major court-martialed and convicted of treason during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, and posthumously exonerated. However, Israeli employment of the death penalty has little to do with Jewish law.
    Last edited by The Professor: 06/03/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.