XRO 4.79% $127.54 xero limited

It's a straw man isn't it? And as long you know that the kick...

1. 60 Posts.
    It's a straw man isn't it? And as long you know that the kick back is there and can research and request different options (no force), then all's good really.

I prepared my accounts this year on (not Xero). Sent them to my "accountant" who's cost effective employee entered them into their Xero. They came back with more than 30 errors (some would have got me in trouble with the tax dept). She kept telling me that it was "because the Xero system does it that way".

I went through, systematically, requiring them to correct their set of accounts. At the end of an arduous process the cost effective employee (which I define as an unqualified bunny who thinks she is clever because she can put numbers into Xero) said: "If you will just use Xero I could just log on to your accounts and change what I want so we wouldn't have to fuss over all the errors." Her errors--no carrots for that one.

"Hell no", I said. My refusal to convert is my rabbit proof fence, I don't want bunnies in my accounts.

Until everyone can fix that issue, I remain skeptical of the online systems. I wonder if the "easy" accounting software has worsened the problem, as it has allowed accountants to hire more and more bunnies. It takes ages to track their errors. I watch Xero merely as a capital markets play, but if they do make inroads that differentiate through true value creation, good. As yet, not convinced.

Will I get another accountant? Yep, did that, this was a new bunny, same issues as the last bunny. Be interested to know others thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$127.54
Change
5.830(4.79%)
Mkt cap ! $19.42B
Open High Low Value Volume
$126.32 $128.73 $125.98 $64.62M 507.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 912 $127.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$127.67 1865 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$127.45
  Change
5.830 ( 5.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$126.43 $128.71 $125.78 39410
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
XRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.