KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

High Quality Research-Non Cancer Disease, page-29

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    I looked at it harvett - Dr Kelly got to an FDA Phase 3 - it was heavily talked up and subsequently investors lost alot of money. Getting to an FDA Phase 3 - and sure it was capped at $900m. Vast retail loses.

I went through and traded that copper explorer in Cloncurry, (you know the one - or you may not know, a current Kaolin exploration company - or what about Chemeq  - a 2.5 billion chicken natural growth hormone company. Gone now of course.

Hurts like hell to loose so much, but here you see other companies. I repeat Dr Kelly got the drug to an FDA 3.   

A $1.60 share price here, saw it come back to 7.2 cents  - but hey some still think they are doing a good job.

Dr Kelly and what happened compared to this dud harvett. Note the date and what was happening around then. I know it still hurts here locally. Drug development  - but KZA has not failed a single FDA study so far.

AbbVie will acquire South San Francisco, California–based Stemcentrx in a deal that may be worth as much as $10 billion. The buyout announced in April gives the North Chicago–based pharma the drug Rova-T (rovalpituzumab tesirine).

This is Stemcentrx's most advanced drug and could become the first biomarker-directed agent for small cell lung cancer (SCLC), a malignancy that has not seen a novel treatment in several decades. Stemcentrx will receive $5.8 billion in cash and stock upfront, and up to $4 billion in cash on achieving certain regulatory and clinical milestones.

But Rova-T's recently presented survival data could disappoint investors, Geoff Meacham, stock analyst at Barclays said in a note to clients following a presentation in June at the ASCO Annual Meeting in Chicago. Stemcentrx showed that in a phase 1 trial of 74 patients with SCLC, 18% achieved either a complete response or a partial response with median overall survival at 4.6 months. In patients who had a DLL3 expression level of at least 50%, 39% had a response, with an overall survival of 5.8 months.
    Charles Rudin, chief of thoracic oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, who presented the data at the meeting, says the results are “substantially better than we would expect” with conventional therapy.

------------------------------

Subsequent to the Swedish company deal in 2021 - that other Dr  Kelly company was developing an earlier version of Cantrixil. If fact, a little later on -  it got into some hospitals in the US, with obviously human patients.

If I was involved in this company - the boardroom would have paint peeling off the wall, before my consent was forthcoming to send Cantrixil overseas - when it was very apparent an Australian company was so intent on working with Cantrixil.  (or the predecessor to Cantrixil).

The price Kazia got for Cantrixil does not make one feel any better - that in fact the drug left aussie shores, without I believe a price match offer being made to Dr Kelly.  So there you go - any respectful questions ??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.