How de-sensitised are we?

1. 8,527 Posts.
    A young American journalist has his head hacked off with a knife on world wide TV by some UK born murderous thug hiding under the guise of "radical Islamist" - and there is (now) hardly a ripple? This atrocity perpetrated in the name of Islam?

If this tragically murdered young man had been Australian, or English - Swiss, or French, Chinese, Irish, etc. would all hell have broken loose?

Remember all the bowing and scraping concern David Hicks received - not so many years ago - even to his appearing at some ABC Leftist book signing? Lauded as some sort of "Ned Kelly" -ish "hero?

No, this man was an American - and people see him, what, then, as expendable?

Our children are being raised on news of doom, gloom, murder, hate and mayhem. If it's not such overseas terrors, it's road trauma, drug deaths, robberies, and assaults..Given that such is the daily entertainment diet of many of them - the way things are going - soon, they will think this ugly hatred now abroad in the world, is the actually norm.

I"m to the stage I start to wish I hadn't had children. As for our grandkids, what will their future lives be like? I shudder to think!

Yes, all of us are becoming more de-sensitised to others' suffering - every day.

Love your fellow man - no, I don't think so - any more.

This poor murdered man's family must be enduring hell on earth.

But let's not criticise Muslims. Many so-called Muslim moderates in Australia recently refusing to attend an urgent meeting requested by our Prime Minister. Yes, hatreds rule.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.