zbusc didn't mention Paul, but it's clear he follows a Christian...

1. 6,494 Posts.
    zbusc didn't mention Paul, but it's clear he follows a Christian belief heavily influenced by the teachings of Paul which are not necessarily the Teachings of Christ or His brother James who led Christianity after the passing of Christ for some time.

Peter seems to be halfway between both camps.

James and Paul contradict each other over this faith only and by grace and it seems that Paul taught his own version of theology in this regard and not the theology of Christ. He sort to break, or liberate Christianity from the Mosaic laws while James and Jesus spoke about fulfilling those laws. Jesus said He did not come to abolish the laws, He came to fulfil them. Saying further Matthew 5:17 - 20
    For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
    Nothing here about faith and grace, your actions are of foundational importance and they must be better than that of the Pharisees.
    Surely then there has to be a spiritual relationship between knowledge and action, as taught by Christ and contradicted by Paul, so assuming that faith is knowledge based, then it must be inextricably linked and concomitant to actions. Faith and grace are only theoretical unless they are accompanied by actions.

James 1:22 - 24

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.So basically there are Christians who follow the teachings Paul and they go with the free ticket to heaven business and there are Christians who follow the Teachings of Jesus who requires a person to abide by the laws and commit to good deeds and actions as a response to faith.

So I agree with you as far as Paul's teachings are concerned, he did produce his own theology contradicting Christ in this regard, but I do not agree with you as far as Christ's Teachings are concerned, He taught deeds based faith.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.