golonk...funny that...it worked for me also. I went one better...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    golonk...funny that...it worked for me also. I went one better and mine was cardiac arrest! But you trump me on age as I was 44. I had a few when I left hospital but had a rethink. It wasn't respectful to the ambos who saved me and the surgeon who stented me. And only 10--15% survive a CA...and that's in a hospital environment. And I got a young family. Now...if that doesn't make one think about trying to increase the odds of staying alive then nothing will. $12 a pack when I quit on 3/8/10. Who the hell can afford $20/$25 now?

The physical addition is easy...you leave that behind within days. It's the psychological that had always been my weakness. I once quit for almost 3 yrs and then for some unknown moment of stupidity had one with the intention of quitting in a few weeks. BUCKLEYS! Until CA day the yoyo effect of quitting for a few weeks/months went on for the next 18 year$.

I always said it when I smoked. In no particular order, it's a filthy, expensive and disgusting habit that will impair your health in some way.

There were the odd times I enjoyed a smoke but for the majority it was boredom or the social aspect. I did at times smoke Dr Pat ( nice moist tobacco ) rollies as you have to stop, have clean hands...to roll them and rollies don't burn unless you draw on them. As opposed to a taylor made that you can grab one with your teeth when busy working and smoke away. Smokers know what I mean.

Cold turkey is the best way IMO.

That's my $20 worth.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.