NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

It sounds like good news for Nuheara (no pun intended lol).It...

1. 4,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44

It sounds like good news for Nuheara (no pun intended lol).

It appears that a significant part of the fitting process by an audiologist is tuning the hearing aid to match the patient's audiogram.
    Obtaining the audiogram itself is usually straightforward for mild to moderate hearing loss and is obtained by playing various tones into headphones worn by the patient (sounds familiar).
    The following video explains tuning the hearing aid (starts around 5:40), but the process used to obtain the audiogram isn't mentioned.

So what Nuheara is doing is simply combining the process of obtaining the audiogram with the process of tuning the hearing aid. If needed, accuracy can be improved by simply adding more tones.

Why only treat mild to moderate hearing loss? An obvious possibility with earbuds is getting audio feedback, but there's a wide variety of other causes of hearing loss where an audiologist is definitely needed. The following video explains some of these in detail.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Dr Cliff. But at least he admits when one of his videos is sponsored by a hearing aid manufacturer, as many of them are.
    I also noted that he was once asked by a viewer what he thought of the Nuheara iQBuds Max and his reply, from memory, was simply "I don't like them". No reason given. I haven't been following him lately so I don't know what his latest opinions are re OTC hearing aids.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.