One of C02 free options has and is providing millions of...

1. 4,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    One of C02 free options has and is providing millions of millions of people 24/7 right now in multiple countries. Apparently "2021 nuclear plants supplied 2653 TWh of electricity" by comparison we use "265,232 gigawatt hours (GWh) in calendar year 2020" We are a minnow

Coal is cheap only if not counting the other costs it has created. Ditto for the litre or two of diesel I just used to take a few tonnes of cardboard for recycling. Cost and accountability is part of my thoughts on Careful and scientific, rational options need verification not political spin. Solar works well within its known constraints as does everything. Every thing has cost and constraints.

I love my Solar at work, I use almost every bit of it every day except Saturday and Sunday when you can have it. At home it is a bit less in the ROI scheme. I do not have batteries at home for the same reason.

I heard Australia now has a huge recycling plan for millions of solar panels happily. They like most things are getting better and better. Life span of about 25 years yet technically or efficiency based redundancy in far less than 25 years.

Fighting rather than considering options and costs is not helpful to any side of this important issue. I am a better long distance runner than knuckle duster fighter by choice happily. I do admire and appreciate the efforts of many of the people who can survive the political systems we all see can be tough. Its easy to toss grenades, not so easy to achieve results which benefit everyone.

Have a great weekend all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.