GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Timber, its the type of buying & selling. ETF demand is...

1. 4,486 Posts.
    Timber, its the type of buying & selling. ETF demand is investment be it short term or long term investment. Chinese demand is more likely to be consumed or hoarded & passed down to the next generation etc. Some may come back on the market, however I would suggest a low percentage. I wasn't suggesting that the actual gold being sold out of ETFs was going to China however I'm sure some of it did. It doesn't really matter as long as they made up for the deficit in demand which obviously at first they didn't & couldn't, such was the scale of selling & hence why the POG got crushed. However at or around $1180 S&D found an equilibrium & that equilibrium now stands at circa $1300. ETF selling has all but disappeared & the main thing now holding gold back IMO is speculative players shorting gold when it gets near technical resistance & this could be played out for some time. Your reference to hedged inventories doesn't really stack up for mine, not in any meaningful way, although whilst the bulls & bears battle it out & the market is reasonably well balanced it may be a balancing point as is the slight rise in gold production. However as Asian demand continues & I think it will for years if not decades to come, these little amounts will not he here nor there in the scheme of things.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.