Hmm, if I can weigh in. My last three vehicles have been...

1. 13,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 408
    Hmm, if I can weigh in.

My last three vehicles have been Japanese imports. Not able to be bought locally but through various channels imported directly from Japan. Nissan Elgrands to be precise.
    My latest is a Toyota Corolla tourer hybrid. Essentially the only versions available in Oz are the sedan and hatch. This one can be imported because it’s not available here is a station wagon.
    Currently importing the Nissan Note for the missus.
    This saves thousands on buying locally and from my experience the cars are immaculate for their age. Mileage is very low too.
    Check out the fuel economy on the hybrid models and it’s a no brainer. I’ve estimated fuel savings alone to be about 10k per year. Makes the swap over from V6 3.5 vans a ROI of about 3 years for me and 2 years for the missus.
    I personally don’t think we are at he point where battery technology is worth the spend to get an EV. Not to mention charging times, range anxiety, re sale. Maybe the next one and by then my 8kw solar panel system will charge a battery at home to charge the vehicle at night. Potentially.
    If you’re sick of paying roughly 70c per litre in tax when filling up, you really have to make a decision eventually, I don’t see it going down.
    Just my 2c

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.