"I understand you dislike Jacinta.". . it's not a matter of...

1. 42,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "I understand you dislike Jacinta.". . it's not a matter of personal liking or disliking. I don't know her personally.

yet I've seen/heard/read her views for over 10 years as she became a regular member of the Drum panels and her words on each occasion were repeated almost verbatim and filled with criticism of her fellows in Alice. her main suggestion for addressing Alice peoples' problems was (paraphrased) they should pick themselves up and get a job. she put all the blame for their position back on them instead of addressing causation and remediation. very much a Vanstone attitude. victim blaming.

as such she has been rejected by the Alice community and by her own Yuendumu community who have been reported saying that Price doesn't represent them. As I posted above, she got into the Senate with 3,309 votes. most of those would have been rusted on CLP supporters.

"In my view it's time for a real rethink of aboriginal policy, with all sides willing to reconsider their rusted on views and political perspectives. The plight of remote aboriginal children demands it.". .... I agree with your view and this would have happened with genuine Aboriginal input via the Voice had the referendum succeeded.

I'm actually deeply disappointed in Albanese's lack of public announcements of changes to Aboriginal policies. and the key problem with the Voice was the constitutional placement. imo he should have legislated the Voice after the referendum failure and go over the hump.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.