I now know why I have been a swinging voter all my life.

1. 47,086 Posts.
    The simple fact is that, in spite of NOT having any allegiance to unions and having a genuine dislike of communism, I can't recall voting liberal except after The Dismissal. Hawke swung me back and because I have never been into "personality politics" I accepted Keating, warts 'n all.

Not being into "personality politics" as stated I accepted Tony, warts 'n all. I believed he was the PM we needed, ABC be damned. I cannot believe that the libs have become so shambolic and so unworthy of support. They are now the same as labor when "policy" is what you talk about when the news is bad for you.

Turnbull has two choices, call a DD for early in the year, or lose later in the year. Strange, but that was my humble advice to Tony, "be bold". Which begs the question: Will a beaten coalition reassess policy or do what labor has done and just wait for the government to self-destruct? Labor will, sure as God made little apples and because the electorate has no bloody idea what they want of any party in government they will be yet another one term government..

Australia deserves better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.