IDF Interview 7.30

1. 41,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

October 7 was the date when Hamas terrorists entered Israel and killed about 1,200 people, according to Israeli figures.

Lieutenant Colonel Lerner said that incident influenced the thinking of the military on the night Ms Frankcom was killed.

"This was the conclusion that the operator and the forces understood," Lieutenant Colonel Lerner said.

"They came to a conclusion that this must be Hamas."

He then said that despite the suspected presence of Hamas, senior military figures told IDF drone operators not to strike due to the proximity of the aid warehouses.

However, he said that thinking changed shortly after when some of the trucks left the area.
    ABC LINK.

Lerner gave a competent interview. he stuck to the story and added some interesting detail.

unfortunately I didn't find him credible. but that just imo.

to me the details are like a action story with some inconvenient known facts left out. other details left dangling. and many questions, such as

• why did the IDF team ignore the four other vehicles they identified as Toyota utes, and only attack the WCK trucks? and why in sequence?
    • and why was the fact that the WCK had liaised with the IDF that they were leaving the storage shed not mentioned by the Lt.Col.? this is a key part of the story and, reportedly, was confirmed by the WCK CEO.
    • also the convoy followed a clearly marked 'aid vehicle route'. the IDF knew it was an aid convoy and that it was on the move. surely the missile team knew this and, as they identified the other utes, should sensibly have switched to those.

disagree or explain my questions if you want. I'm keen to read alternatives.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.