Important question for the 3rd Debate

1. 15,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    This question should be put to both candidates at the upcoming 3rd debate.

For the good of the nation, if your opponent were to win with a clear majority, would you unequivocally urge your supporters to accept the outcome?

At his rallies this week, Trump has been increasing his rhetoric on the likelihood that the election is being rigged. He's been calling for his supporters to sign up to be "election observers", which could easily lead to voter intimidation (A Federal Crime).

"And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem."
    If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

Delegitimizing the outcome of the election result would be a dangerous precedent, with potentially dire consequences for the country.
    There's a lot of angry, scary talk being bandied about at those Trump rallies. Much of it is pure bluster, but history has shown time and again that home grown acts of violent extremism and terror occur in America, with awful consequences.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...s-followers/LcCY6e0QOcfH8VdeK9UdsM/story.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.