SPL 4.00% 12.0¢ starpharma holdings limited

In-house DEP trial prediction, page-2

1. 2,396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 628
    Perhaps.Sarge, you are forgetting that one of the muted and obvious prospects for DEP Docetaxal and DEP Cabazitaxel is Sanofi Aventis, who developed these in the first place and presumably did not shred the data on the clinical trials.

These DEP drugs do not have to be more efficacious than the originals they just have to be less poisonous, which seems to be the case, certainly in regard to neutropenia and alopecia. If they are more efficacious, as SPL maintain then there is very probably a case to send the results to the FDA combined with the original NDA by the original developer. And Sanofi can, of course do that.

On a broader note what with an invasion of the Ukraine, pandemics and so on, Trading volumes in the company remain small. I haven't seen more than 0.5% of the stock traded for a year. On that basis I cannot read much into the price fall. Anyone who knows nothing about this stock's business, just its trading patterns will tell you you can drive the price up or down for pennies on those volumes. Which is exactly what Regal have been doing for years earning a nice income and generating cash for its other activities.

And it doesn't help when the company's management doesn't understand commerce or contract negotiation, which is becoming ever more clear as time goes on.

I remain disillusioned and disappointed, but am not without hope. There is still a huge amount of clinical trial work going on with the original drugs. And a lot of revenue being raked in by Sanofi and makers of the generic versions. Both remain standard treatments today!

The big thing I worry about is the possibility that Sanofi has already made an offer and yours truly has rejected it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $34.86K 289.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 263226 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 57773 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 4.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.0¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ 6229
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.