AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Actually zipperlip, weeks ago I did quite an involved analysis,...

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Actually zipperlip, weeks ago I did quite an involved analysis, trying to answer why some people did accept early.

Sorry I did not explain before...

I was in the front row of leaving it until the last (with due safety margin) hoping a challenger would emerge.. it made sense. Of course.

I was in the unfortunate position of sending my acceptance off on the day (or was it the day prior) to the extension period being announced. I had allowed time for post, checking receipt, things to go wrong.. and a comfort margin. That (slightly generous) timing worked for me then. Initially at least, I was then upset and kicking myself for allowing just that bit too much time.

So I did not "sign up early" in the sense that you might see. And I certainly do not advocate "signing up early". Quite the opposite if you check my prior posts.

To cap it off, I also just missed the Sophisticated Investors facility which was then offered. Annoying.
    So with hindsight, yes I certainly did send it in a fraction too early...!

But it might explain to you WHY it "apparently" happened. I got the timing wrong by a day. Then the extension came.
    Nobody could disagree with your opinion of waiting until the last in case a better offer emerges. It makes sense. Absolutely.

Even with hope unfortunately fading on the front of a rival bid, it still does not invalidate the principle you say.. of waiting until the last.... obviously with enough time built in for things to go astray. In fact if you want to confirm your acceptance has been received, I quoted here the 1300 number to ring.. just to be certain it has been received. No mistakes in the chain of events.

I suggest that a broker has your interests at heart. He might weigh up the relative risks of advising you to leave it to the last, versus getting it off now so you do not forget or some factor such as a sudden bereavement might distract you from sending it in and you lose out.

From what you say, I think everything he did had your interests at heart. After all his job is to guide you along a path he believes in his experience leads you to wealth... how he earns his pay.

I never offer advice! Never.

An opinion.. and I say it is that. I might say what I have personally done, and why I did it.. for others to evaluate... and find merit, or not... but that is ALL.

Giving Financial Advice as such is against the T.O.U. of HC I think....

anyway good luck.. when the dust settles I hope you can boast that you made a nice profit!

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.