FAR 1.15% 43.0¢ far limited

Whilst awaiting various news items, here is some reading...

1. 471 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Whilst awaiting various news items, here is some reading material from ICSID and its role in African investment conflicts, with particular focus on "forthcoming arbitration process in ICSID between the oil and gas explorer African Petroleum Corporation Limited (APCL) and the West African nation of the Gambia"

Links to robertVERITAS page:

1. ICSID Part 1 – PROCEEDINGS EXPLAINED AND ANALYZED
    "FINAL THOUGHTS
    I strongly believe that African Petroleum Corporation without a doubt is the part that benefits most on the proceedings of the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes. The most important of the above mentioned arguments for that is the legal expertise and the highly skilled people of ICSID.
    I believe that a positive outcome for APCL is likely.
    APCL themselves have highly skilled judicial expertise.
    APCL also have great experience both within the petroleum industry and its legal framework.
    APCL has won a similar dispute before. They will likely win again.
    But here it comes. It is completely depending on what the contract of the Oil licenses A1 and A4 contains and stipulates. Of that we know nothing. However, I would put my trust in the CEO of African Petroleum Coroporation Jens Pace and the rest of the management in APCL, and not in the very inexperienced State of Gambia. I leave you with quoting Jens Pace.
    "

2. ICSID Part II - statistics, case and actual results (African States)
    Both Gambia and Senegal have signed the ICSID Convention

Of all the cases that were the subject of the treatment of ICSID African countries have been involved in 22% of them. This corresponds to 135 cases.

Gambia and Senegal have been involved in 4 pieces each case.

Of these, 135 cases were settled 91% in ICSID Convention Arbitration (when it involved the country is a member and / or ratify the ICSID Convention.)

57 of 135 cases were resolved by the parties agreed, or that the process was interrupted, before the decision of the ICSID

---------------------------------------------------
    Basically, almost 50 - 50 chance of "amicable" settlement prior to hearing process.

Have a great and safe long weekend
    MS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.15%)
Mkt cap ! $39.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 43.0¢ $266.1K 610.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 57704 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.0¢ 60000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
43.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.14 %)
Open High Low Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 43.5¢ 196207
Last updated 11.49am 06/05/2024 ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.