There are many times when people ask for things but they have...

1. 1,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    There are many times when people ask for things but they have the wrong motives as the Epistle of James alludes to in Chapter 4

1 What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.

But to respond to your reply Wotsup........please quote the whole verse next time so that it is read in context.........

John 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13 “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. 15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

I sense in you all that there is a demand here of God that He has made a promise so He should live up to it and answer prayer but the prerequisite is that you believe in Christ and not some philosophical acquiescence to His existence. You say you believe but do you keep His commandments? Do you love Him and keep His commandments as verse 15 says?
    From what I have read on this forum is everything but love and obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ who by the way "came to the world not to judge the world but that the world might be saved through him........"
    I know He answers prayers and will continue to do so as I walk with Him.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.