I've changed my mind and feel compelled to comment generally. 1....

1. 5,328 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I've changed my mind and feel compelled to comment generally.
    1. Note that I used an "I feel" statement when first commenting. I have not attacked anyone. No personal attacks from me. I'm not telling anyone what to do. I'm letting you know how I feel. I am not a policeman on this forum. That's for the HC guys. The owners.
    2. I suspect that half the population would not find the joke funny. Guess which half that might be!
    3. DV is a big problem in this country. I have 2 friends who are counsellors in this area. Believe me.
    4. We need to change the culture and that is what Rose Batty is trying to do. Making jokes about it doesn't sit well with me. Sorry. It's not about political correctness. It's all about showing respect for women.
    5. Yes, it's a fine line at times. Humour is so important in relationships. It's not always easy to know where to draw the line in humour. It depends often on our own personal experiences. A woman who has been subject to DV wouldn't find the joke funny. Another woman who hasn't received DV may think differently. And yes, I tell jokes to men that I wouldn't tell a woman. I can be vulgar at times! I'm a bit touchy when it comes to DV however.
    6. Read 1. again.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.