GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

negative real returns? money in bank pays say 2.29 on a 10 year,...

1. 13,036 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2695
    negative real returns?

money in bank pays say 2.29 on a 10 year, inflation running lower than that, that's actually a real return, and with oil prices, inflation should fall further..........

High usd add to purchasing power for the usa. lowers input costs and increases usa margins for many

buy a share in gld,,it costs you .4Pc per year management fee, and with the price fall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not a good investment

As for hedging,,you can buy a put on your portfolio and the financial system will pay you if you are right...........

eps and eps at highest in history on usa markets....

08/09 were great years for me, but since then every man and his dog has consistently told me the ame arguments, and they seem to be losing their appeal imv......

inflation, nada and going lower thanks to opec control being losts (great for Europe, great for the world unless you produce the stuff and were thinking of 200usd a barrel) overcapacity built everywhere on fear of PEAK OIL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,supply glut stored in etfs and hedge funds now to compete with oversupply,,,,,good for at least 6 month?

consumer confidence will rise imv as the costs of everything should fall, as energy is a direct or indirect component of just about all trade.........that will increase the actual purchasing power of wages even if they don't rise in nominal terms

we should be partying in the streets.......once the window dressing is over,,,,,,,,,,,,as volume falls,,,,,,,i think its on for a further pounding, unless of course inflation, usd, earnings, market collapse theories etc etc etc etc all mean nothing now

RED

BLACK

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.