Lappy, The diggers in the Victorian goldfields were working to...

1. 11,084 Posts.
    Lappy,

The diggers in the Victorian goldfields were working to make a living, roughing it out in the bush looking for gold, and wrongly treated by the authorities.
    The hire a crowd in Melbourne, were, IMO, just mainly bludgers within our society, similar to the corrupt Labor politicians and Unions, who are only using the moment and circumstance to protest against the Political Party they hate, the Coalition.
    Values ?
    Most of my Australian relatives were hard working ones, that didn't get involved with protests and strikes, but were policemen, laborers, electrician, medical orderly, miners, etc and soldiers that pulled their weight and fought for our country against the Japanese and Germans WW2 and at Gallipoli in WW1, Korea and Vietnam.
    I know there is unfairness and plenty of pressures on most Australians from all directions nowadays, but probably has always been like that, but this crowd sourcing from Face Book and twitter or whatever, engaging these people with not much to do with their time and energy, protesting and being a nuisance to those wanting to be able to get on with their business, is something our cities are better off without.
    It would not worry me in any way, if police in any city wanted to know my name and details, etc, and for our security at least, I welcome that.
    What has anyone with nothing to hide, to worry or be concerned about ?
    Nothing, as I see it.

No, these protesters were just having fun at law abiding citizens' expense.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.