Almost right ddzx, but not quite. Your formula forgot the Kurds...

1. 2,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    Almost right ddzx, but not quite. Your formula forgot the Kurds and the PKK.

Also your bogeyman of de jour already has a nice buffer zone in the Golan. And they have connections and a cosy "understanding" with the Assad regime. I doubt that the Israelis have any desire for a regime change in Syria. A case of better the enemy you know than the one you don't.

The Saudis are a curious lot - I wonder what is motivation them. As you know the Wahabis hate the Shia more than anything else, but cannot bring themselves to do anything about it. All the Saudi oil is in the Eastern Provinces with a sizable Shia population no one knows if its greater than 50%, but I suspect it may be give that Bahrain has 70% Shia population.

So the Saudis big worry is Iran. And specifically, the influence Iran has in Syria.

The USA? All they want is access to cheap and plentiful oil. If they had been smarter, they should have done deals with Saddam and let him take the oil fields of Kuwait and Eastern Provinces of Saudi. Instead the Americans went on their own "jihad" for democracy. As we both know - democracy can never work in the Middle East.

So the end game will be of great interest.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.