@Sweetsound - I do know about the complexity of playing an...

1. 17,859 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Sweetsound - I do know about the complexity of playing an instrument well. Those guys in the mountain huts of Austria, where there is/ maybe 'was'? always a guitar hanging on a wall - probably just knew a few basic chords and made up with 'personality' what they lacked in skill, I know my husband did just that. Years later, after he had tried his hand at many workman's skills (and his day job was behind a desk, supervising and solving the technical problems of a large wheat-handling organisation)- I bought him a guitar, because the first one had disappeared (kids!) - he tried a few chords and gave up, he no longer remembered or lacked the enthusiasm, I then, also tried to learn a few chords and decided 'piano' was so much easier and logical!
    So: not for me - maybe for now: a bit of singing along to my new toy; a 'keytar' - but have office work to occupy me for at least as month, right now.
    I recently met a formerly religious couple where both husband and wife often played and sang together - lady had a sweet voice, but the husband's chords still weren't always right, despite, what I must assume, were years of practice, everyone in the smasll audience was still encouraging, of course. Music, making music is a wonderful thing, never mind achieving perfection.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.