@daicosisgod; thanks for clarifying your usage of 'middle...

1. 46,462 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    @daicosisgod; thanks for clarifying your usage of 'middle suburbs'.

Well in advance of the referendum I posted that IMO Albanese had made a mess of marketing 'Recognition for Australia's First Peoples via a Voice to Parliament'. I commented that his marketing skills are so poor that he couldn't sell sell ice to wealthy Australians living around Sydney Harbor. I remain of that view and see little point in his continuation as our PM.

After listening to the ABC's data analyst Casey Briggs, it appears to me that the voting patterns at the referendum cut across major party lines:
    . Overall your 'middle suburbs' do indeed appear to have emphatically voted against the proposal.
    . Highly educated and wealthy inner city voters have emphatically voted in favour of the proposal.
    . Larger regional centres including Albury-Wodonga have emphatically voted against the proposal.
    . Smaller 'boutique' regional centres including Beechworth and Yackandandah have emphatically voted in favour of the proposal.
    . Small and remote Aboriginal communities have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the proposal.

In summary; Australia is NOT a uniform 'multicultural' country. It's a country increasingly segregated / divided - comprised of many 'enclaves' including our Jewish communities, Chinese communities, Islamic communities and our remote Aboriginal communities.

Under Bob Menzies the Liberal Party used public schools as a 'melting pot' to break down such divisions. Today our politicians continue have pump $Countless $Billions of taxpayers' money into taxpayer-funded 'private schools' whose sole purpose is the segregation of kids from each other.

IMO this will not end well. I'm not surprised that those fixated on their own self-interest rejected the referendum proposal.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.