Please, Mr Gordon, let's try and keep this real. There was a...

1. 6,564 Posts.
    Please, Mr Gordon, let's try and keep this real.

There was a time when you had your own mind, your own point of view. Today you are part of the hive mind that is the Jehovah Witness. The Governing Body does your thinking. To belong to this organisation you find yourself defending that which is indefensible. That is the price of belonging to such a group, I understand this, but surely there is still a part of you capable of reasoning for yourself?

A few isolated events does not paint a picture that is the total of reality. There are no Biblical laws associated with blood transfusions, which have nothing to do with eating blood. The Mosaic Laws are not Christian laws and the Gentiles were asked out of respect not to strangle an animal then eat it and not to eat blood itself. This is the blood of an animal that is prone to pathogens and the like. Jews welcome blood transfusions and they wrote the OT which you keep tripping over.

Fast forward to the modern, scientific world and we have developed a process of saving people who at one time could not be saved, by sharing blood in common. This is an exchange of love, sacred life, an expression of human compassion and sacrifice for the love of one's fellow humans.

There is nothing in the Christian scriptures that even suggests that the wonders of science, such as blood transfusions, used to preserve life is not sanctioned by God as a true demonstration of the sacredness of blood, after all, literally hundreds-of-millions have been saved by this wonder of science.

Now I understand you must find bits and pieces here and there to explain this away because you've been told to do this because somebody in your religion's history interpreted scripture in the most harmful, negative way, which of course is what religion tends to do.

I'm sorry for all your brethren who have died useless, senseless deaths because of some foul interpretation of the Jewish scriptures.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.