@Sweetsound this was amazing - anyone who has tried to train...

1. 17,859 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Sweetsound this was amazing - anyone who has tried to train cats, will know how difficult this would have been. The animal on screen was obviously looking for cues to its trainer. I have a former stray - and: tabby cat! - and have only after two years managed to teach her her name, but she adores me, and when I am watching TV, she always sits on a pouffe in front of my sofa, at night, facing me and giving me those melting looks whenever she wakes up.
    Animals, like people, have differing IQs, too - I/we had dumb as well as clever dogs and cats.
    I also had a cat, many years ago, who, when playing certain music (often Mozart) would go and sit on top of the back of one of those old-fashioned armchairs which was right underneath one of the speakers of my then B.& O, sound system - she really did listen, maybe she thought of bird sounds, don't know - I have yet to teach one to speak rolleyes.pngsmile.png
    and @Joannie
    In medieval times people, especially when living in the narrow confines of medieval cities and villages, would have been exposed to springtime cat fights and caterwauling and cats would not have been so popular as they are now, hence their often cruel treatment.
    Thanks, Sweetsound, that was fun!
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.