@Sweetsound - you are prolific in your posts - I need to catch...

1. 17,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    @Sweetsound - you are prolific in your posts - I need to catch up, but know you are a music 'bug', so you are my 'victim' - and maybe there are some other interested music bugs reading here

sooo: this is the only thread I can post this morning's discovery of a composition based on the historic and ongoing data obtained by earth scientists (data is of 30 years of climate change) and turned into music - in this case a Japanese scientist/composer, one Hirohito Nagai - a wistful and humorous man - interviewed on Radio National this morning - and I better quote from the long article which accompanies this effort and is from the link below the U-U-Tube one . . . ENJOY, THINK, BE AMUSED:

"In the contemporary era, where global environmental awareness is paramount, this work can be positioned as a musical composition aligned with such environmental consciousness.""The contrast between the nature-derived fluctuating periodicity under 12-tone technique and the human-derived well-designed classical harmonic progressions successfully expands the range of tension-and-relaxation expression, which has never been highlighted in the history of music. It can also be described as the endeavor of translating the “sound” of the Earth into the “song” of humanity."

Well here is the 'music' - it also has the notation and the reasons for it -

more explanations on here:

https://www.cell.com/cms/10.1016/j.isci.2024.109622/attachment/d076d1ec-79c5-4064-8a37-53edf05f3b2d/mmc2.mp4

Be thoughtful, and gentle with the 'World'
    Tau
    ❤️

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.