Killer was Middle Eastern, page-5

1. 25,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I believe that the rise of Middle Eastern organised crime in Sydney will have an impact on society unlike anything we have ever seen.
    In the early 1980s, as a young detective I was attached to the Drug Squad at the old CIB (Criminal Intelligence Bureau). I remember executing a search warrant at Croydon, where we found nearly a pound of heroin. I know that now sounds very familiar; however, what set this heroin apart was that it was Bekkah Valley heroin, markedly different from any heroin I had seen. Number Four heroin from the golden triangle of South East Asia is nearly always off white, almost pure diamorphine. This heroin was almost brown.
    But more remarkable were the occupants of the house. They were very recent arrivals from Lebanon, and from the moment we entered the premises, we wrestled and fought with the male occupants, were abused and spat at by the women and children, and our search took five times longer because of the impediments placed before us by the occupants, including the women hiding heroin in baby nappies and on themselves and refusing to be searched by policewomen because of their religious beliefs.

https://mackenzieinstitute.com/2006/01/the-rise-of-middle-eastern-crime-in-australia/
    Last edited by kingpins: 13/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.