Kobane, page-6

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    "Makes you wonder, are they really as powerful as we're led to believe? Are they really as influential as Murdoch's empire is telling us? It's all very curious stuff. "

Mc, I followed the Kobane story closely because of my admiration for the sacrifice and fearless determination of those Kurdish girls in their own news. To quote one girl, from memory, who professed to have killed over 100 ISIS fighters : "they are useless in urban close quarter, house to house, fighting. They are easy to kill."
    Its on record that ISIS threw their very best fighters into Kobane because of its strategic importance.......so they cant be very good militarily without their heavy weapons.
    The fact hat they still exist in open spaces, quite openly, despite bombing campaigns, implies that those bombing dont want to kill them off too quickly, for some reason.
    Remember, Kerry said that the ISIS problem will last decades.....and maybe that "prophecy" needs to be fulfilled, for some reason....
    Maybe its all a big game..
    I remember a quote from some big-wig US commander re the Taliban/Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, when asked why they didnt do more to just wipe them out.......His reply was, words to effect, "To have a successful war, you need a functioning enemy.....". That explained a lot.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.