@thenetwork - wow - so you do have some views - well let me put...

1. 18,078 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 161
    @thenetwork - wow - so you do have some views - well let me put mine:

On a personal level, I would have a problem with Rudd, but he was well-intentioned. I am still sad and sorry about this entire Shakespearean drama between him and Julia - we - Australia - lost years of necessary foreign policy changes over this, years in dealing with climate change, so I cannot forgive both of them for not sorting their drama quietly without dragging the entire nation into it.

Julia, of course had a problem with all the male troglodytes who then still walked the parliamentary corridors roaring and slashing their tails about - I do hope they've since done the decent thing and have become genuine fossils.

Rudd had personality problems, primarily: an inability to listen to his fellows (was it the fact that one of them was a women? is, was he, a hen-pecked husband who could not abide 'another one' in his own party? did he have to lash out at air hostesses for the same reason?). He is definitely flawed, but one can assume he has matured since. We all do, get older, learn from our mistakes.

In reality, an inability to delegate properly - made a very intelligent person useless in the game of politics, where a willingness to listen, a truly democratic outlook is so important, an ability to form alliances within the party and outside, are necessities for surviving politics. He could do none of these, but he spoke Chinese, understood the Chinese - we did lose a valuable man, maybe he can do some good now.

Criticise, if you think you can do better and are able to prove it in word and deed.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.