kids get to see violence - made up. they get to see sex. they...

1. 81,126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    kids get to see violence - made up. they get to see sex. they get to see violence and sex

to me - we should all see the real deal ----------- hiding it to me is to deny it, to sweep it under a carpet - to condone it really

yes, I agree with controlling vision to young children ----------------- 10?

yes, possibly - I guess we could argue about the age

Most damage to the psychology of kids that I've seen happens before that - 4 ish - to about 6 ish.

Of course any trauma after that will have the same effects on adults as kids in many ways.

I think we change all through life -- I noticed that I had more flashbacks from finding a body here a few years back - than I ever had with people who died under my hands etc. years ago -

I don't know why - also the 'event's themselves were different. The perception of what was happening - real, surreal, checking if real or whatever - all quite different.

So - yes - I would agree with being careful of exposure to young kids ---------- but, exposure there should be.

I noted nobode ------ posted some video of hot dogs being made on one of the threads in lounge or general a few days back -

well, from what I read - if anyone saw the vid - no one would ever eat a hot dog again - and maybe not pork either

vision and image is powerful ----------------- the attack on the priest ------------ what is showed is the power of the violence - the 'energy' of it

not sanitized -------- to me - the more we see of reality - the more we probably want to change bad things

except of course for the sickos --------------- like people who sell and get their jollies out of things like torturing monkeys ----------------- man, that doesn't give one a good feeling about some who walk among us

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.