''Dutton showed what I think may have been his real self today...

1. 82,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Dutton showed what I think may have been his real self today on Insiders. maybe.''
    '' I thought if he could speak like this he would gain some admirers.''

he has a characteristic which I think you may be speaking about - which I wrote about very early after his leadership began -

he hasn't got much - but, he's got something which is rare - very rare in Liberal leadership - neither howard, abbott, morrison had it and I didn't see any evidence from turnbull either --

he hasn't got a or much of a reluctance to be bipartisan on some matters - meaning he's not stuck on just being oppositional on everything

pity about the lacking in the rest of it.

But, if we worked with what we have got ------- what Dutto has got could be of enormous value if Albanese got a lightbulb moment and ran with it

forgetting the issues like domestic violence, social media controls and even defence and health etc - whilst important, they are political issues -------- there is something bigger.

what Australia could have in the past hugely benefitted from and it's never too late to grab it - is a strong bipartisanship based 'concept' - something like a governing and living charter for all Australian politicians, all parties and all people --

something like a pledge of action for the nation - which could be plastered on every wall, in every business, home, government building and even spoken at each meeting, beginning of parliamentary sittings, dinner at home, day of school -

a pledge that whatever argument we bring to politics, whatever act we do, whatever words we say - we do for the country and we do it so that the country, nation and society will be bettered for the benefit for all citizens

if we did that - and measured and made sure that our actions and words lived and were true to that pledge, charter or principle - then Oz would be well on the way to a better future

Dutton has it in his character IMO - to be able to not only listen to an idea like that - but, to be on board with 'the other mob'

I would not ever had thought that howard, abbott or morrison had that capability.

Morrison did one good thing - he formed the National Cabinet ---------- and if the National cabinet could go into cabinet meetings with that pledge in mind and action ------ leaving personal and political drivers at the door before they enter -

we might actually move forward

Dutto doesn't have much in the character stakes --------- but, what he has got - shouldn't be wasted - he's got a rare thing going on there
    Last edited by pintohoo: 22/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.