Labor dragging Australia down

1. 54,598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 306

You might recall me writing to you in January about Queensland Health ordering the removal of Australia Day decorations at Redland Hospital in my electorate.

I wrote to the Minister for Health, Shannon Fentiman, pleading with her to allow the Coochie Café to put their Australian flags back up and allow patients, visitors and staff to fully celebrate our national day.

I’ve just had a response from the Minister, and it defies belief.

The Minister admits that the Australian flag decorations were ordered down to “be sensitive to the broader community.” (as if flying our flag is ever insensitive)

Perhaps even worse, Minister Fentiman tries to excuse the action by noting that lamingtons were still available for purchase at the café.

240219_HP_HenryLetter-9900000000079e3c.png

This just shows how deeply disconnected the Labor Party are with Australian culture and our identity.

Our national flag is a sign that we are all equal, and free as Australians.

And our national day is the day when we celebrate our shared history and identity as Australian citizens. We should never have to apologise or feel ashamed of our nation.

They want to strip us of our national identity and expect gratitude for leaving us with a few crumbs of lamington to enjoy.

We are proud of our flag. And our national day.

That's why over 35,000 proud Australians like you want to protect Australia Day through legislation.

Thank you for your commitment to our national day and our national identity.

Yours sincerely

Henryfacecircle1-99079e03cf01453c.png

Henry Pike MP
    Federal Member for Bowman

FacebookInstagramWebsite

[email protected]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.