I'm not unsymathetic to the MP's situation (or yours) but just...

1. 20,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    I'm not unsymathetic to the MP's situation (or yours) but just think he resolved it the wrong way. He was a first term MP fast tracked into the shadow cabinet so was clearly flagged for high office. He was working 7 days a week and travelling a lot. His wife also ran a business and the combination of the two with 3 children under 7 clearly made domestic life untenable. I just think he should have resolved it the old fashioned way: resign from shadow cabinet and announce he's not running at the next election, then become a do nothing MP with his feet on the desk. That way he gets 7 weeks at home with the kids during the winter recess, 7 weeks with them again over summer and the wife should be placated. In the interim he has to spend some time in Canberra, but the finish line is well and truly in sight with an election next year. That way everyone's happy (or unhappy/pissed off) but at least he's acted in the public interest. In the interview he was talking about Perth needing an MP giving "120%", in reality I doubt him being asleep at the wheel for a few months would make any difference to anyone.

Reaper.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.