Look, I'm with you on the child abuse thing where very young...

1. 8,237 Posts.
    Look, I'm with you on the child abuse thing where very young kids are made to suffer because their parents are, well, idiots.

Being a leftist, and an atheist, I have sympathy for what you are saying and I've seen little kids being herded into some stupid stuff because of their parents and it wrenches my heart.

What I do know though, is attempts of the government to ban religion, tend to not turn out so well. They are painful and oppressive, but more importantly, don't really seem to work. It also turns the state into the central and final arbitrator of truth vs religion. Also, look at how religion came back with a vengence in modern Russia after the communist regime spent the best part of a century trying to snuff it out.

Asio looked into the idea of a burka ban and concluded it would have zero effect and may cause more problems than it solves.

I'm more for positive actions against religion, and removing the benefits it receives. We do that through a minimum level of education required for all Australians, a rethink of what we are funding with the taxpayer dollar (or providing tax breaks to), and rethinking this school chaplains lunacy (people are gonna cry hard when we start getting islamic chaplains in, if it hasnt already happened).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.