The 'Me' generation got on with it, most came from families...

1. 22,578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1254

The 'Me' generation got on with it, most came from families affected by war and in a country that was rebuilding. Buying coffee, eating out??? hahahaha there were outside dunnies, milk left on the doorstep, kids left school early to get a job or two and help the family out... they played the cards they were dealt and didn't complain, they were grateful for what they had. IF you could get a loan for a house you needed 25% deposit and then you were in an inflationary environment which makes right now look like a picnic, look it up trent. Women struggled to get jobs unlike today so that one wage that everyone talks about was forced by lack of opportunity in most instances... due in no small part to employers not wanting to employ women who were going to get pregnant, that was the thinking.

The 'Me' generation moved half way around the world to get a better life and I'll bet good money you wouldn't contemplate moving anywhere, nor do you sound like the type of person who would try to educate themselves, get a second job, run your own business, you would do nothing to help yourself trent.

From memory you were in the army? Am I right? It's totally different nowdays to having no choice but getting sent half way across the world to get killed, or the 'Me' generation getting sent off to Vietnam without a choice.

You're presenting yourself as a lazy, whinging, self-entitled goose, that may or may not be who you are in real life, God I'd hope it's not for your sake

Last edited by Bunn-Wackett: 17/03/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.