Very few stocks are "ten baggers", particularly in the short...

1. 18,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    Very few stocks are "ten baggers", particularly in the short term. Many stocks, however, have daily 5% to 10% fluctuations. They are the ones I find the most productive. If I sell one, I look to buy it back 10% cheaper and place an order that way immediately I make the sale. I may also buy one and place a sale order at a 10% increased price immediately. I'll settle for 5% if that is all I can get. I'll cut and run if I pick a wrong one. I reinvest any profits with shares in the one that the profits come from. If I sold a share and made a 10% profit then I would look at buying back 10% more of that share.

A few years ago I blew up my boat and was badly burned. I was in hospital for 6 weeks and very much restricted for months after. That is when I really started to trade this way. (My avatar is the actual boat. I keep it there to remind me how lucky I am to have survived that explosion). I started with a couple of thousand dollars, added another $200,000 and within a year I held a million dollars worth of shares. I had mortgaged my home to get the $200,000. I later sold shares to pay back the loan and buy a nice waterfront home. I also got the funds to invest in a public research and development company that I founded and am still associated with, Advanced Hybrid Solutions Ltd.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.