I remember those days and really cheap properties and bankrupt...

1. 10,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 676
    I remember those days and really cheap properties and bankrupt builders finished properties going for 80% of construction cost as their were insufficient buyers and lending policies were stiffer by the banks. No one at all turned up when my mother auctioned her beachfront property in the early 80's. Right now it would be packed out and people would be paying 20 times more than what no one was prepared to pay back then if an auction was held.

Things can and do change drastically in both directions. Reversion to the mean rules in the end.

I have not mentioned sociological changes yet.

There is a growing backlash against both wokeness and feminism. In time with the growing older homeless female % people will see more clearly the big downside to feminism in later life and the two-income family may reduce percentage wise to a large degree. This has big implications for future prices of homes.

How many females want to end up like Germain Greer - in assisted living with no kids and no husband to care about her at all...... The short term 20 and 30s fun changes when Mr Big marries the 20 something year old and departs..... as per Sex and the City fun shown by Hollywood. All those expensive handbags and new dresses for every occasion have consequences > homelessness in later life for many.
    Last edited by nippy: 16/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.