Life in an open market is one that can be very brutal---now with...

1. 14,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    Life in an open market is one that can be very brutal---now with free trade to China & other countries we either have to tighten expenditure or the business closes down(facts life is not fair) no business---no jobs or taxes paying the unemployed.In saying that most of the industries that are well paid are the protected ones & not manufacturing.
    CFMEU--(PROTECTED WORKSHOP)--Ambo,doctors(did u know--they both save lives)Firee`s (did u know they save people from burning)police,teacher`s they are all very well remunerated---will many of those working in factories are paid-peanuts--with worse conditions. Having work in both I feel I can comment---after 30 yrs in private industry b4 going to the protected work-shop---it took at least 3 years to get comfortable with the special conditions.

Now--no-one in their right mind--would knock it back or complain--which we did--kept quiet go to work--take the money.
    Once in these protected industries---one will fight like hell to stay there(first week in from private to protected),
    1/Private(skilled) 20,00 p/hr---Protected (unskilled)28.00p/h---2/Super private75.00 p/w---protected 105.00,
    3/private travel allowance--0,,protected 26 p/d, 4/Site allowance--private(workplace--no air conditioning----0)--protected3.00+ p/h depending on site. 5/ worked out roughly 400.00 more p/w,increased super---better working condition,less stress ,increase weigh first year 12 kg---live in protected was so much better.
    When the comment people die,it`s unsafe (mainly through worker`s error`s).
    When they say it`s a skill work-place---well one can always learn some-thing--yet what one learn can be taught in one day rather than 4 days(bosses paying of course). Now don`t get me wrong any fool knows these conditions are good compared to private sector--the problem is--many who work in these protected industries have never worked in private sector & will never know the difference.Those that work in banks think that the money business bank is all profits.

As only having 4 banks (govt backed) they know they can screw customer`s due to lack of choice.
    When people enter public service they do so for job security(a teacher express these views to me--saying once in the public service it`s very hard for them to dismiss you --no matter how bad your are--compared to private--she has worked in both).
    So unfortunately those at the bottom have to except less to compete in those industries or have nothing.
    Those not in those industries are (PROTECTED) & have no problems--they will feel sorry for the others,

the others will either have to wear it--or have nothing.
    As Bill said --along with J Macklin---it`s a struggle on 330,000= a year--so they understand how most of us feel.
    Good -luck to those in private industry.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.