Given I have mentioned most of the changes happening right up to...

1. 17,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    Given I have mentioned most of the changes happening right up to now ( soft guy era of Drizzle Drizzle ) I am on top of things rather than stuck in a time warp but by all means you think whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I can see language and meaning isn’t your thing. You might know what is going on now - but I suspect not everything in respect of gender based issues - but here’s the thing.

you are referring to changes. referring to changes means that you have some other reference point. And throughout this thread you’ve described what is happening today as being a problem of some sort. When you do that you have a mental model of how things should or could be. When you have that mental model it is based on your views about how society could or should be. There is no external, objective standard.

that’s why round the world we have vastly different cultures and practices and expectations of both men and women. It’s also why our culture today is not the same as culture in the 1950s or 60s or the 1800s or the Tudor era. It shifts with events, leaders, the economy, policies of ruling powers, war and so on.

because i understand that I don’t feel the need to compare, and while I don’t like some of what i see today I am aware it is my opinion and therefore no more likely to be the correct view than anyone else’s. I can dislike your version of your interpretation but understand clearly that however smart you think you are you have a style of cognitive function and a personality profile that is inevitably going to lead to differences of opinion

since I don’t have you as a friend, I don’t have to live with you and you are merely a disembodied voice writing on hotcopper and playing with investments I’m also aware that your opinions are that - yours (and others on this forum) but beyond that hugely irrelevant

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.