hello dear Tau..... lovely to read you again...."The fact that...

1. 41,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    hello dear Tau..... lovely to read you again....

"The fact that we have a public who are hungry for scandal and anything salacious, and reporters (and lawyers) etc. who make a living out of this". ...... and sells news and talking heads chattering or cattering about the various points of favour and disfavour, mostly focused ion the disfavoured aspects of course. and then theres just the old style gossiping.

I think it's inherent in the collective psyche of humanity to love to gossip about others sex lives and this matter has been a gift that keeps on giving. my guess is we'll see the movie in a couple of years. possibly a way that Lehrmann can make a few bob.

I look forward to this changing one day but I doubt it'll every come.

but sexual harassment and various other permutations of bullying and demanding/getting what the more aggressive person wants is seeing some real change. in my career there was the same behaviours, and I regret to admit I wasn';t any different for many years. night shift in particular.

but I wouldn't pick a side for victim or perpetrator myself. the whole night in context was reported so thoroughly its easy to see there was entrapment on both sides. the real difference being that Lehrmann saw himself as the predator and planned the show show, including getting Higgins to drink more. its the motives of each, their planning and deliberate conduct. neither were innocent imo.

it was the same old story that has been played out for millennia. they both played the game.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.