Loss Of Imputation Credits, page-11

1. 6,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    We probably have the world's best superannuation environment thanks to franking credits .

As far as negative gearing is concerned , Keating abolished it with disastrous results , he then re introduced
    it 11 months later,.... Bowen is scoffing at history...what a numb-skull...

My slant would be to use the same rules as CGT...you can only claim a tax deduction against a capital gain..so
    rental losses are carried forward until the property is sold or until a profit is made upon rent....and yes it may increase rents such as the current proposal but at least the rules are consistent and do not rely on class distinction.

CGT and negative gearing go hand in hand so abolish NG then CGT should also be abolished....NZ does not have CGT....

The opposition's mantra is to only have NG on new housing , that would be ok if the state governments released more land
    or inner suburbs housing were redeveloped into smaller properties ....I like the idea of stopping suburban sprawl , so maybe
    NG for only those residential properties that redevelop.....

Keep your overall wealth hidden , my tip , hide some in your kid's mortgage offset accounts....

cheers Bax

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.