vic_wattle,Thanks for taking the time to offer constructive...

1. 499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    vic_wattle,

Thanks for taking the time to offer constructive criticism.

I just realised that you are always talking about 'leading indicators', whereas my focus is finding reasons not to buy stocks. That is why those three charts are important to me, but have no use to you.

Like you say, if I used those three charts that I presented as a guide to buying stocks, I might have really only bought them twice in the last 100 hundred years, and would never have bothered to sell.

Why am I trying to delay the purchasing of any stocks for as long as possible? Perhaps, because I realised that I was addicted to 'investing' and needed to find logical reasons to limit my behaviour.

Come to think of it, you could have just been enticed by the idea of making money on the stock market and created 'traffic lights' as an elaborate way to justify and enable a white-collar gambling habit.

In particular, the four charts that guide your buying and selling were personally selected by you. Also, your final 'traffic light' entitled 'Euphoria (market sentiment)', is completely subjective.

Not that the charts are bad. Actually, from my point of view, I really like the elements that prevent you from buying stocks for periods of time. That may help to avoid some loses along the way.

However, I don't think that you can ignore the financial risks that you are still taking. Buying and selling stocks is risky. Like anything, the more you do it, the more likely you are to run into problems.

Anyway, I am getting sick of Hotcopper, so bye for now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.