I think vic_wattle's money was burning a hole in his pocket.He...

1. 499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I think vic_wattle's money was burning a hole in his pocket.

He will probably buy a few shares to satisfy his cravings, then once he realizes that all equity is still massively overvalued due to the unprecedented level of credit expansion engaged in by various financial institutions over the last couple of decades, he will sell and go back to the drawing board.

At the end of the day, there is probably going to be a recession within the next three years. Based on the statistics that were discussed, there is a ~50% chance that the S&P 500 will fall heavily, a ~75% chance that it will be a rocky ride, or a ~25% chance that the S&P 500 will continue to rise.

Personally, I think that this is the time to sell. The leader of the so called 'everything bubble' was tech. However, now that it is clear that the market is saturated and more competitive than it used to be, the outlook is gloomy, investment is drying up, and the layoffs are starting to gain pace.

Based on past experience, the effects of a bursting bubble can several years to flow through the system. Take for example our own mining boom, it wasn't until about 2016 that the commodities market finally bottomed out and the stock prices of Australian mining companies started to go up again.

Therefore, there will be opportunities, but not likely in tech.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.