thanks leaper. its a mixed policy imo. there are +ves and -ves....

1. 41,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    thanks leaper. its a mixed policy imo. there are +ves and -ves. it all depends on how its managed.

perhaps I have more confidence in Albanese than I did under Morrison ahahhehe..... wouldn't be hard would it.

this plan is something I was advocating way back during Morrison's reign. but I doubt this will affect many if any ASX company. they are planning to provide funds, thru one avenue or another, be it grants, loans or subsidies, for companies to create the infrastructure to produce the required goods. rare earth and other battery minerals processing is lacking in aus and it makes sense to add value to our exports of these minerals.

what I'd like to see is a wind turbine business get up. off-shore wind power is gong to be needed to provide better 24/7 electricity generation. batteries are needed in large scale to help with baseload power too. its great for the Aus economy to help such businesses get up and running. we all know how hard it is for shareholders to be patient while a startup struggles with building a viable business and all the things that can go wrong in the years when the establishment of factory, energy supply, workforce and now robotics/Ai are sourced and installed.

imo Albanese has said this is not a jobs creation matter, but a boost to national productivity. its expected that much of the actual work of manufacturing/processing will be largely robotic with Ai involvement. this is expected to bring down the cost of production and so make the businesses involved more viable and sustainable while providing Aus with the resources we need for our future electricity generation.

5 years? yep that would be about right. I dare say he would have discussed this with unions and gained at least some support/agreement for the plan.

finally, Albanese is ensuring he is keeping a major election promise. he has a mandate for this plan. its a serious structural reform that even Howard worked with, but was abandoned by the rather stupid insightless Abbott in his haste to de-regulate business.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.