Manchester Arena bomb, page-7

1. 7,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    'Disruption is expected to continue until end of the day'

Manchester's Victoria station, which backs onto the arena, has been evacuated and all trains cancelled. National Rail said in an online statement: "Emergency services are dealing with an incident at Manchester Arena. As Manchester Victoria is located near the arena, the station has been evacuated and all lines closed.
    "Trains are currently unable to run to / from Manchester Victoria. Some trains will be cancelled throughout or start / terminate at alternative stations. Disruption is expected to continue until end of the day."
    11:43pm
    'I think what the injuries have come from is people trying to get out as quickly as possible'

Eyewitness Josh Elliot told the BBC he had seen a "guy covered in blood".
    He said: "There was also a woman outside who looked like she had been hurt, she was on the floor."
    He added: "I think what the injuries have come from is people trying to get out as quickly as possible."
    He said that "massive" balloons had come down into the arena during one of Grande's songs.
    "My initial reaction was for me and my friends to get on the floor," he said. "I thought it was probably just a balloon, but at the same time in situations like this you just don't know what it is and it's better to be safe than sorry."
    11:39pm
    Liverpool mayor tweets that his children safe

Liverpool City Region metro mayor Steve Rotheram tweeted: "My 2 daughters caught up in the Manchester explosion at the arena. They are thankfully safe, but I fear for others."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.