The Onion is where I go to find my masterstroke news. Sadly a...

1. 7,590 Posts.
    The Onion is where I go to find my masterstroke news. Sadly a lot of Australian media outlets are ego masterstrokers.

Russia's Power Shut Off

MOSCOW—Russia came one step closer to eviction Monday when the beleaguered nation's electricity was shut off due to nonpayment. "Russia has been on thin ice for months now," landlord Bob Nowicki said. "They keep saying they'll pay the bill, they'll take care of it, but then nothing happens." Russian president Boris Yeltsin has begged Nowicki to restore power, promising him that the nation will "almost definitely" have the money by the end of the week, when the World Bank is slated to vote on a $5.3 billion Russian aid package. Monday's power shut-off leaves more than 148 million Russians without heat or running water. "I hope our leaders can somehow come up with the cash to cover rent," St. Petersburg resident Olga Krupskaya said. "This would be a difficult time of year to have to find a new country." Russia has already forfeited its $44 trillion security deposit.

READ MORE->http://www.theonion.com/articles/russias-power-shut-off,4021/
    Last edited by Justlookin: 18/10/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.