I'm generally not in favour of GMO but I haver to admit there...

1. 41,496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I'm generally not in favour of GMO but I haver to admit there are important aspect wrt nutrition that GMO can solve.

on the other hand the global population continues to soar. how such humanitarian efforts to feed more nutritious food..... can cause problems and humanitarian disasters.

on your principles, I share agreement for the most part.... but I draw the line at nationalising industry and all services, but fully agree there needs to be better regulation. Abbott's deregulation drive proved how business, exampled in this context and OP, can damage the community and the economy with greed.

I wouldn't mind so much if only the companies indulged in genuine philanthropy and worked with the govt to control inflation instead.

and on UBI? its too soon but clearly the day is coming when unemployment will have to be considered exactly that as Ai robotics takes over such large swathes of the economy. this is what the last mob tried to stop through their inaction. the new tech that will come to Aus as the govt incentives unfold will change the employment system. with such new tech productivity will increase dramatically and as more people are replaced so too the govt will be able to manage on productivity alone and have greater ability to fund services to the community. UBI will just be the start.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.