I saw this article headline on ABC online this morning but...

1. 1,182 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I saw this article headline on ABC online this morning but didn't have time to read it. I struggled to find it this afternoon as they had obviously relegated it to the bottom of their story files. Funny that!

In this day and age of layered government agencies and government contractor accreditation systems why would they need a union to check the back ground of tenderers? I cannot believe a state (territory in this case) government would slide into such an agreement.

Union states;

"If we are aware that the person or the company that put in the tender has got a track record of being a dodgy boss or not following various laws ... then we can inform the Government, and they would make the decision about whether to give the employer the contract or not."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-...curement-projects/7249472?WT.ac=statenews_act

So does that mean information that isn't in the public domain? Surely information regarding the operations is adequately covered by the accreditation system.

Either remove the accreditation system, industrial relation departments, work safe and half the procurement staff or piss the unions off!!
    Last edited by Olly: 16/03/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.