AVR 0.48% $21.10 anteris technologies ltd

merry xmas and still here

1. 431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    Merry Xmas to all
    Some might remember me when this stock was AHZ... I haven't posted for a few years and to be honest its been stress free
    In summary, I'm still alive and have been accumulating AVR steadily. I'm still very bullish, perhaps more-so now as the data and science just keep getting better and more real.

I still chat to many in the background on the phone or via email. Hotcopper became quite toxic and AVR definitely attracted a lot of negativity, so I just cut it off. One thing I have come to realise about platforms like HC, is that a lot of people like myself might appear to understand the technical side of a share, but quite often get the timeframe wrong, or communicate it incorrectly. That then leads to people making bad investment decisions - long term, short term, traders. Everyone has a different timeframe. Always best to hear all believe nothing!

My timeframe was long term, and Graeme Barrett invested in AHZ because of people like me who got their timeframe wrong. He unfortunately died this year which cut me up badly. Graeme was invested for the medium term which is something we all need to be mindful of. Timeframes need to be age appropriate. He died in his early 70s and wanted to set his family up for life.

Crazy year huh!

I caught up for beers with WP just before Covid19 in Feb in Perth 2020. Nearly everything that was discussed over beers that night around TAVR and the path forward came true and all of it discussed at the last AGM. Nothing price sensitive but I like to understand the process and the person.
    WP sent me a merry Christmas email which led to the obligatory million questions I have... Not sure how many CEO's in the world take the time to reach out to their share holders proactively. For me that's really important as integrity and empathy are high on my list as important qualities in a person. When you know WP, you know he is very authentic with high emotional intelligence and integrity.

The other thing i look for is very long term strategic vision. WP set on this path to develop TAVR before he was CEO. He knew he needed to prove the tissue science, he knew he needed heaps of cash, he knew he was taking over a company that had many legacy limiting beliefs about immunotherapies and the tissue. He knew shareholders were tired and had been milked for the immunotherapies. There have been many speed bumps and unexpected issues like SB holdings change in management but WP has kept on punching and hasn't given up. From observations and discussions, WP always had multiple plans and fall-back strategies and sometimes when Plan A failed, Plan B or C was quickly implemented. And now it should become apparent that those strategies have played out into AVR having:
    1. assembled the best possible advisory board of doctors who are chomping at the bit to get their names associated with DurAVR on a medical publication and use the device. ie. AVR already has the best doctors and key opinion leaders as a captive audience. Well played.
    2. trumped the opposition Medtronic and Edwards with a fully patented device that is hands down better on ALL fronts. Tissue, catheter, durability, biomechanics.
    3. results that are appearing so good, that this device will likely get fast-tracked by the FDA and may be on market sooner than some expect.

Yep - I bought as many options as I could. Unfortunately the AVR price retreated after that amazing first 5x patients implanted with TAVR. How awesome was that! WP, Docs and team very very excited about results. Yet share price went backwards shortly after. I converted about 60% of my options and felt like a bit of manipulation to keep price depressed but so be it.

I'm not going to tell people to buy or sell - but this TAVR device will likely get fast-tracked through the FDA. I'm not a trader so my view is accumulate until the thesis doesn't stack up. At present, the share registry appears to have been stacked with some very heavy accumulation by some new funds and top 20 gouging.

Coming up, there is a the NASDAQ listing next year, outstanding Animal results, more TAVR implants and some will be done in Australia on way to faster FDA approval than many thought possible, 30 day TAVR implant follow up.

As per usual, GLTAH and DYOR
    Merry Xmas and don't take life too seriously. Like Graeme, we all only get one shot
    Cheers
    David

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.10
Change
0.100(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $405.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.80 $21.38 $20.80 $183.3K 8.682K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2465 $20.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.70 421 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$21.11
  Change
0.100 ( 0.86 %)
Open High Low Volume
$21.14 $21.14 $21.11 103
Last updated 15.44pm 08/05/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.